Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Taste of Champaign: Recap

The Taste of Champaign was last weekend and was a decided success. The rain held off (mostly) for the whole three days of the show and I sold eight paintings! It was great fun, as usual, to talk with people about my art and to hear their comments and thoughts about it. I received so many thoughtful compliments--it's really a great feeling to know people appreciate my art since so much of my time is spent painting at home, obsessing over small details in my paintings. It's just reassuring to know I am able to bring people happiness through my art. Here are some shots of my booth:One thing I noticed was that paintings with "local" subjects sold better than those, say, of Wyoming or Tennessee. I will be keeping this in mind as I prepare for the Champaign Downtown Festival of the Arts in August. I would like to complete another 12 canvases before then!! I had better get painting soon!

For those of you who would like to join my facebook fan page, here is a link:
https://www.facebook.com/audrasoilpaintings

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts