Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Butte with Sagegrass (2011), 8 x 16"

Here is another Wyoming painting. Maybe I should call these paintings the "honeymoon series." :-) I'm pretty sure this is my favorite painting of all I have done to date. I feel like this painting actually emits light! This is something I have been striving to achieve for a while, and here it works perfectly! I can feel the bright sunny day on which the original photo was taken when I look at this painting.

I haven't decided yet if I am going to sell this one. I am preparing to have a booth at the Taste of Champaign in June and am trying to complete at least another ten paintings before then. Generally, if I know I am going to sell a painting, I try not to get too attached to it. But this painting is different--how do you price a painting that evokes a priceless memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts