Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Field of Tulips (2011), 9 x 12"

My newest painting contains the first building I have ever painted. It is only about one square inch in size, but it is there. If you click on the photo you can zoom in to see its tiny details.
I've noticed recently that many of my paintings fall into one of two themes: "Field of ____" and "____ Sunset." You'll notice that the painting in the previous post falls into the latter theme. I really enjoy painting both of these subjects, because there are endless variations of these themes. I also like the idea of a collection of paintings that are all similar in some way. Below is a collection of my "Field" paintings. I included the "Hillside with Wildflowers" (bottom right) because it essentially is a painting of a field of wildflowers.Here is a collage of some of my sunset paintings:

1 comment:

  1. Love the depth and textures. Always very cheery paintings.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts