Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sunset over the Mountains (2010), 8 x 8"

I've been having real trouble lately finding a photo I am inspired to paint. Since I am only painting small canvases right now, I am finding that possible subjects are rather limited. I have so many photos I'd like to paint, but they would require larger canvases. Large paintings are hard to sell, therefore I am limiting myself to painting tiny things for the time being. Anyway, I already have a whole stack of larger sized paintings waiting to be sold. Such a dilemma. I am wanting to complete a few more small paintings before the end of November so they are dry and ready to sell for the holidays. I should mention that people love the bigger paintings, they just don't want to spend more than $100...

The painting below is based on a photo that inspired me because of the unique sky.
SOLD!

2 comments:

  1. You are truly an amazing artist. I wish I could paint like you. I normally prefer wash style paintings, but your work appeals to me dispite its different technique. Your version of the mountain sunset is beautiful and looks even better than the photograph. You seem to give life to the scene and it shows your talent.
    Sorry if I appear to be rambling, but I just wanted to let you know how much I admire your talent and your art work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do try to add life to my paintings--especially in the sky I like for there to be dramatic textures.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts