Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Irises III (2011), 9 x 12"

This painting is based on a photo taken by my sister at an iris farm in Nashville! I have several other iris paintings planned that are inspired by her lovely photos. After my previous irises painting was stolen (see post here) I knew I had to paint them again. They are my absolute favorite flower to paint--so colorful and dramatic!

This painting joined the Taste of Champaign show on Sunday. I wasn't originally planning on showing this piece (it wasn't totally dry yet), but I had sold so many paintings that I needed to bring some more to fill up the empty space. The Irises didn't end up selling, but many people commented to me about it. Look for it at the Downtown Festival of the Arts, August 20th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts