Monday, August 30, 2010

Commission: Yellow Roses (2010), 16 x 20"

This is a commissioned painting I completed back in March. The painting was an anniversary gift and the couple wanted it to feature yellow roses which were their wedding flower. I found the subject of yellow roses to be exceedingly difficult to paint! Yellow is such tricky color to work with, because the shadows so easily turn into a muddy brown color. Several times I had to scrape off a section of this painting because I felt it was turning into a brown rose painting. I'm convinced in the end they look like yellow roses. I also like the perspective of this painting--peering down at a bouquet. It captures all the intricate layering and depth of these beautiful flowers.

In action:

2 comments:

  1. P. Ares, from Manila PhilippinesJuly 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM

    Hello Audra. I just happened to come across your yellow roses painting and followed the link to your blog. Amazing work. I could not paint a tree if my life depended on it. Was not blessed with such talent. But I am an obliging spectator/viewer of visual artwork. I hope you do not mind that I shared a link to your painting on my facebook page for my other friends to appreciate. I am seriously in love with the Apple Tree. If I wasn't so partial to the yellow roses, I would say the Apple Tree was my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comments! No, I don't mind at all that you shared my blog link. I love the Apple Tree also!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts